- the Jazz and Joy Festival in Worms, Germany;
- a video Live Session at Little Big Beat Studio in Liechtenstein (click here for your video invitation);
- the Livry All Jazz'n'Blues Festival, June 23;
- the Festival Jazz à l'Evéché June 24;
- Under the Bridge in London, July 1;
- the Montreaux Jazz Festival, July 2;
- and culminates with the 46th annual International African Arts Festival in Brooklyn, New York, on his 74th birthday, July 4.
Before he makes it home he'll do funk workshops in Nantes and Paris, France, a few Spanish dates with his Generations Trio, then guest at the Highline Ballroom in New York City with the James Brown Dance Party. (Click here for tickets.)
Enjoy these photos from Fred's last tour, which ended in May with a funk workshop in Paris and began with three US dates including hits at the March for Science on the National Mall in Washington, DC, and in Tulsa, Oklahoma, with the Ernie Fields All Stars.
Fred with the workshop participants.
With Willi Amrod, leader of the Amrod Brothers Band, recording in Konstanz.Gary Winters and the legendary Pee Wee Ellis.
Martin Bohme, who repaired Fred's trombone outside Freiburg, Germany.
1. The Amrod Brothers Band horn section in Constance, Germany
3.The awesome Amrod Brothers band in Freiburg.
4. rad guesting with the group in Constance.
Gerhard Csejka from Dresden, Germany.
1. The "Funk School Hymn"
Celebrating New JBs bassist Dwayne Dolphin's birthday in Bologna, Italy.Four photos by Daniele Franchi from Bologna.
1.Pianist Peter Madsen at soundcheck.
Vinx after a recording session with him near Limoux, France.
Limoux Brass Festival. Also enjoy this video of a backstage interview at the festival.
Black Town Blues North Tulsa Jazz show.
After the Tulsa show with the evening's bassist Ricky Minor.